1) P. Rudzik, Busy Woodpecker from Truly Astounding Animals
This piece is from a set of 12, exploring various characters and moods of different Truly Astounding Animals. Other Truly Astounding Animals include: Thoughtful Rhino, Whale Song, Dancing Penguins, and more.
- What do you think makes this sound like a woodpecker?
- Can you tell when the melody switches hands? How do change the way you play the music when this happens?
2) P. Rudzik, New Day Toccata from Wild Rose Suite
A piece from the Wild Rose Suite: a musical tribute to the composer's adopted home, Alberta, Canada, whose official symbol is the wild rose. Other pieces in this suite include: Hot Springs, Rocky Mountain Variations, Oil Sands, and more.
- Can you make up a story that goes along with the music? This might help you with the next question!
- How would you describe the mood of this piece? Try to use at least 3 different words.